Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The snowball effect.

Let's say I have a rockin few days when it comes to eating well.  Monday, BAM ate within my points.  Tuesday, BAM did it again, Wednesday, well you get the picture.  Then comes Thursday and we decide to go out to dinner.  I order a steak, bring a nice bottle of wine, eat the bread, get a salad, and maybe a few bites of an appetizer.  Okay not terrible but definitely a lot of points.  I skip writing down and say I'll just start fresh tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow being Friday...so some friends come over, we grill, we have snacks, more wine and no counting.  Wake up Saturday morning and say today is the day to get back on track.  2 PM we get a call, "Hey come over, is beautiful outside, we are sitting on the deck having a beer".  At this point we are now drinking said beer, enjoying some pita chips and hummus, drinking more beer and ordering late night pizza.  Sunday rolls around, weigh in coming now in one day.  I have not counted for days, what's the point in starting now.  I will enjoy my Sunday, and start fresh Monday.  This my friends is the snowball effect.  I take a teeny tiny little snowflake (Thursday dinner) and roll it down the weekend hill.  By Sunday that snow flake is a raging bull of snow, pizza, wine, snacks and fatty fat fat rolling down the hill straight to my waist.  This is just about how most weekends go for me.  This has to stop.  I need to allow myself to enjoy a meal but get right back on track.  My one meal seems to last be the better part of four days, and that is not okay.

Goal for the week, avoid the damn snowball.  Just because there is one bad meal or one bad day does not mean the rest of the week is shot.  I have mastered convincing myself that I will be okay, tomorrow is another day, I will worry about this later.  Yes tomorrow is another day but not if I keep telling myself to start tomorrow, to get it in check tomorrow.  Then it's just another day to be fat and out of shape.  There seems to be an endless amount of tomorrows, and fewer, "I killed it yesterdays".  I say let's start today.  I may fall, many times, but I just need to pick myself up and start again.

I am not going to let the snowball effect beat me this week.  It keep rearing it's ugly head and beating me.  I am stronger than this.  I can beat this.  I will beat this.




No comments:

Post a Comment