Friday, April 4, 2014

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one...

Okay, I have much to discuss.  First things first.

My trainer Tom Kalka with Custom Fitness Concepts (my boot camp program) is up for The Next Top Trainer with Men's Health Magazine.  Many of you may not know who he is but you can take my word for it that he deserves this nomination.  Other than the minor effort it takes to show up to class on time, I contribute all of my success to Tom and the program he has created.  Please, please, please visit the link below and vote for Tom!  Plus you can vote once a day, we need to work together to get as many votes as possible.

Vote Here!

Secondly, it's only been four days of eating well but I can honestly say I feel fantastic.  Just getting back on track for a few days has changed my general attitude recently.  That and one night of eight hours of sleep!  Monday was a rough day for me.  No sleep the night before, Eli was just fussy and awake for just about the entire night.  Even with two hours sleep I still decided to try and go for a run with Brent.  Big mistake.  I was beyond exhausted and the run was hard, real hard.  I had to walk three times, I could not get up any momentum, it was just a bad run.  That night the girls had book club at the house, to escape the chaos that is twelve women I went the room to read.  This was about 9 PM.  Exactly three sentences in I was passed out cold, dead to the world asleep.  Hila, bless her heart, let me keep sleeping.  She handled all the night feedings, changes, etc. and let me sleep the entire night.  I seemed to have forgotten what a full night sleep was like after five weeks.  It was glorious.  I woke up Tuesday morning feeling more refreshed than I have felt in many moons.  I was more productive at work, I was more patient with people, and I sat down and wrote my best assignment for writing class yet!  I felt like me again.  The past couple of weeks have been hard on me and I am beginning to think that so much of that has to do with lack of sleep.  Life with a newborn is tough and I am grateful for a wife who noticed that I was falling apart at the seams and allowed me the much needed sleep I was lacking.  Thank you very much Hila, one night I will bottle feed Eli and let you sleep the night, you deserve so much more but it's a start!

I am going to keep with the proper eating and hopefully make a weigh in on Monday night.  Goal for the weekend is to get in a run.  The weather should be frickin fantastic this weekend.  There will definitely be a Burke Lake run in my futu...wait a dang minute here...it may just be nice enough to bust out the old mountain bike.  New goal for the weekend, a trip to Laurel Hill.  Boom.


No comments:

Post a Comment