Friday, March 7, 2014

I will either find a way, or make one.

I feel confident is saying that the past two weeks have been rather busy.  Family has been in town staying with us, we have had a couple of photo shoots, a few sleepless nights, I have worked all week and what was the last thing...oh yeah we have a baby.  We are working on getting into some kind of rhythm here but we have not found it quite yet.  Luckily Eli sleeps for about 3-4 hours at a time with his most alert hours being from 2 to 4 AM.  So Hila gets up and feeds him, then I wake up and change him and rock him back to sleep so Hila can get back to bed.  The system seems to work and we both do our part.  Even though it is a rather rough hour of the morning, I enjoy this time with him.  It is my time to talk, sing and look at him.  Just me and him.  Man to man.  Father and son.

Remember all that talk about making time, and wasting time well now it's time to put my money where my mouth is and make some time in these crazy days ahead.  See the thing is I have not worked out at all, well I ran Burke Lake one day, but that is it.  Have not eaten well either.  I mean Ben and Jerry's just released new flavors, needless to say those flavors have gotten the better of my judgement as of late.  All of that is coming to a screeching halt after this weekend.  In the next week or so family will start to pack it up and head back to their respective establishments and a sense of normalcy will being to return.  I need to get back to bootcamp, I need to keep up with my fitness and healthy eating.  I am okay with putting something on the back burner for a week or two because of some extenuating circumstances but two weeks is my limit.  I have already had a rough start to the year with my back injury so my fitness level is continuously dropping.  I was considering running the Cherry Blossom 10 miler but with only 4 weeks left to train I am afraid I could not commit to a rigorous training schedule on top of everything else we have going on.  I have quite a bit on my plate right now and that might be too much, I also don't want to unnecessarily take away time from my family.  Bootcamp, running, writing class, work, fatherhood, husbandhood, that's a lot of hats to wear at one time.  Instead of juggling them all and dropping one every now and then I need to find a hat the fits for all scenario's.  I need to find a happy medium, it cannot be all or nothing.  This will take some time and some hard work to figure it all out but I will.  Either I will find a way or I will make one.  That's just how I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment