Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Good to be back.

It's official, first sweat broken of the New Year, oh how glorious it was.  Some back story first.  Damn garage door broke on Sunday.  The huge spring snapped in half and when it broke the whole house shook like the crazy neighbor lady drove into the side of the house, scared the bejesus out of us.  Anyway, repair man came yesterday, fixed it and installed a silent belt drive garage door opener.  The joy of that silence is overwhelming, there is no longer the sound of a freight train running through the left side of the house every time the door is opened or closed.  Of course the garage is right below the nursery so we wanted to get this replaced anyway, things really do have a way of working themselves out don't they?  Where was I going with all this, oh yes, yesterday.  Due to the time constraint combination of meeting the pediatrician, Northern Virginia traffic, and a repair man being at the house, I had just about 32 minutes to run, change and get out of the house.  So I skipped the gym, and the warmth therein and ran outside.  I bundled up, hit the streets and did a quick three miler.  Holy frozen lungs.  Just like riding a bike, except no bike and takes a bit longer.  Not going to lie, I felt great.  I needed a run, I needed to sweat and I loved it.  Unfortunately I can't do any kind of workout tonight since Tuesday is my writing class night but I should be back to class tomorrow.  I am already looking forward to that feeling after a good solid workout.  It is like no other.


No comments:

Post a Comment