Friday, August 2, 2013

A little friendly competition.

Boot camp last night was awesome.  Boot camp Monopoly.  The game is simple, 2 person teams and a huge set of dice.  One team member rolls the dice and you move about the board accordingly.  There were about 15 different stations each consisting of an different exercise.  Stations were something like lunges, push ups, jump rope, running ladder, squats, and even Jail (which was burpees).  So essentially the idea is to get the most amount of laps during class, which was passing go and collecting $200 without going to jail.  The best part was there was a prize for the winning team which was a free beer at happy hour.  This was beyond fun.  It was absolutely a great workout while not feeling like one.  Since there was the competitive aspect team Bresler-DeLong was on a mission from the word go.  We completed 10 laps which was one more than the next team so free beer for us, sorry ladies...

Boot camp is definitely competitive, well it is for me anyway.  I always want to win, I always want to be first on a run or a sprint or anything really.  Sometimes I win sometimes I don't but rest assured I am trying my hardest.  A little friendly competition gets you to try harder, maybe push you to run a little bit faster trying to catch someone or if someone is trying to catch you.  When I first started boot camp three years ago it was me and 10 girls.  Let me tell you there is not much worse than being in a class with 10 girls and getting your butt handed to you daily in a workout.  All of them were faster, stronger and smelled better than me.  But after a few months I pushed and pushed and before you knew it I was no longer the last person on a run, I was no longer the last person up the stairs.  It was not easy for me, I've always been competitive and, sorry ladies, but losing to a girl is hard on the ego, really hard.  But because of this I wanted to be better, I wanted to try harder, so I did and I will continue to.  So if you see me ahead of you on a run or hear me coming up behind you, yes I am trying to beat you.  If you think you can beat me by all means I urge you to try, it will only push me to try harder as well.  

I only had the one beer at happy hour last night for 5 points then went out to dinner for Pho for 18 points.  I did got over by two points yesterday but no worries the beer was worth it, and it was free!!

Not the best picture in the world but the best one of the three group shots taken.  Liz, Cassie, Janice, Rachel, Linzi, Virginia, (sorry don't know two names), Jen, Allison, Mo and Diane.



No comments:

Post a Comment