Monday, September 9, 2013

Time to turn it on and get it in check.

I am feeling better after last week and my back is not bothering me at all.  I had not felt any pain in a few days but was thinking that after my run yesterday (a run usually agitates the nerve) that it would start hurting again.  Thankfully no pain at all.  Thank God!

I am back to boot camp this week and will be doing a class and half since our two classes have been combined.  It will be nice to add in another 30 minutes of exercise especially since we are about a month out from each of my races.  Time to turn it on a bit.  I just hope that I can stay injury free.  These injuries have really put a damper in my training.  I have missed several runs and boot camp classes.  I am getting a bit nervous with the running since I have not kept the plan the way I intended.  I have another long run tomorrow, 7 miles, so I will see how I feel on that run.  Yesterday I was doing some work around the house and decided to go for my weekend run right after I ate lunch, literally right after.  I was worried that if I waited too much longer that I would end up skipping it.  I had dinner plans and football was on so there were too many distractions that might keep me away from getting that run in.  So even though I just ate I said screw it I can do this and went for a run around Burke Lake.  Probably not the best idea.  I did complete the run but it was hard and I was cramping.  In hindsight I should have just waiting an hour and I would have been fine.  But if I waited that hour would I actually have made it out for the run??  We shall never know.  

I have not done too well with my eating this week either.  With the holiday dinner on Wednesday and eating more easily prepared food (Trader Joe's frozen food section...) since Hila is has been out of town, I could have done better.  We will see how I did tonight at the weigh in.  Honestly I am worried.  I had the big gain last time and really need to get this in check.  No more tomfoolery, from this point on I am on it.  Counting everything, no cheating and actually spending some time in the kitchen preparing more healthy meals.  If I stick to the plan and I can achieve my goals!!


2 comments:

  1. Haha Tomfoolery, a John Johnson quote right there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added that in from our conversation last night, great word right there!!!

    ReplyDelete