Monday, July 22, 2013

My first 5-4-3-2-1 workout: 49.31

Finally had an opportunity to try this workout.  This started while I was taking time off from bootcamp for my shoulder surgery and I have been fascinated with it since I first heard about it.  While this workout is only five exercises, now that I have done it once I can honestly say its brutal.  Hila, Sarit, Assaf, and I all did this workout on the driveway of the house.  The workout is 500 jumping jacks, 400 squats, 300 sit ups, 200 push ups and 100 burpees.  Because of the difficulty of this workout you can modify some of the exercises to accommodate your level.  Today I did all of the push ups on my knees and for half of the sit ups I changed to double crunches.  You can do this in any order you wish so I just broke the workout up into sets of 20's and pushed though as best I could.  What an amazing concept that is so simple yet so absolutely bone crushing.  I thought the burpees would be the hardest but with only 100 of them I was surprised how easily I went though them.  For me the sit ups were the worst, like I said I had to modify them and in hindsight I should have focused on them more in the beginning.  Either way I tip my hat to you Tom for coming up with such an amazing workout.  I used to think that while on vacation I couldn't workout without a gym or my only option was running.  Now after today I literally have no excuse not to workout out while away from my normal routine.

Not sure how well my points have been going, I have not been keeping track.  My issue is not the food, which has been amazing, the issue is definitely going to be the beer.  Yesterday we opened a few while on the beach and had some more after dinner just hanging out.  I need to focus to make sure my food is on point so I can enjoy the beer.  Something about a cold beer on the beach that I just cannot resist.

This beach is so beautiful, it's just about a full moon and last night sitting on the deck this was our view.  I was mesmerized just staring at this all night last night.  Sarit took a picture from her camera which is going to be much better quality, this pic is just from my iPhone.  Can't wait to see how her picture looks!

1 comment: